Our Baristas: Brandee (the cashier with an attitude) & Cathy
- Larisa: Grande, Nonfat, No Whip, Peppermint Mocha in the beautiful Pike Place Starbucks tumbler Mai brought back from Seattle this summer -- saved her 10 cents! Woohoo!
- Malia: Tall, Decaf, Nonfat, No Whip, Sugarfree, Gingerbread Latte
- Mai: Grande No Whip Toffee Nut Latte
- Arwen: Kids Cocoa (which was upgraded to a Tall because they were out of short cups.)
- Larisa bought 3 Create Your Own Tumblers for us to enhance the journey. (Mahalo!)
- Larisa: will pass on a drink and just enjoy the food samples
- Malia: also passing on a drink
- Mai: Grande, Sweetened, Black Iced Tea Lemonade (but the barista forgot the Lemonade part)
- Arwen: an Organic Apple Juice Box
- Larisa: a Turkey Pesto Sandwich sample, a Ham and Cheese Croissant sample, and a $5 Gift Card with a cute Christmas Card Box of Chocolate. (Doing a little Christmas shopping?)
- Malia: a Turkey Pesto Sandwich sample and an Egg Salad on Multigrain Sandwich
- Mai: a Chinese-Style Chicken Sandwich with Side Salad to share with Arwen
- Arwen: 2 pieces of chicken from Mai's dinner. Apparently she didn't agree with my dinner choice.
For this visit:
Our Baristas: Courtney
- Larisa: sample of Unsweetened Black Iced Tea Lemonade
- Malia: sample of Unsweetened Black Iced Tea Lemonade and a Tall, Unsweetened Black Iced Tea Lemonade
- Mai: sample of Unsweetened Black Iced Tea Lemonade while still carrying the drink that was missing Lemonade from down the street.
- Larisa: Dark Chocolate Graham Cracker Cookies
- Mai: Holiday Gingerbread
- Arwen: Rice Krispie Treat
Without much time left, we hustle across the street to the Ward Center Borders Starbucks. Aack! A Borders location and no time to browse?!?! The sacrifices we make for our Sunday night TV. As we climb the stairs to our last stop for the evening, we find a kind Borders guy to take our picture. Mahalo Mark.
Upstairs, Arwen quickly finds herself a table and sits down to enjoy her Crispy Treat that I painfully made her wait to open until now while the rest of us chat with our friendly cashier, Marcus. Larisa and I admired their Daily Offerings sign that included a drawing of the island chain and asked if one of their own baristas created it as some of the ones we'd seen in Central Oahu. Marcus explained that they have a partner that comes in to do their signs, but this one they almost had to erase because, though beautiful work, it didn't meet corporate specs. We learn something new with every Starbucks trip.
For this visit:
Our Baristas: Marcus & Nathan
- Larisa & Malia pass.
- Mai: Tall Java Chip Frapuccino
- Larisa: Decorated Cookie Ornament
- Malia: Rice Krispie Treat